Arrival, Dismissal and Lunches
Posted: | Updated:
Drop Off Procedures: Staff supervision starts at 7:40am
Buses drop off on Wallingford, students enter 3rd grade courtyard through gate and proceed through foyer to playground
Parent/adult car drop off is between 7:40 – 7:55 in the front (90th) parking lot. Students enter playground by preschool gate; if you are late, please take your student to the Main Office for entry.
There is staff supervision on Wallingford and playground; no families on playground or campus please.
Start of School Day Procedures:
- Staff on playground duty whistle for students to line up at 7:50
- Students line up on playground and field in rows, 6 ft apart by grade level and teacher.
- Preschool building side to back parking gate order and door/stairs – 1st grade (Lawler, Mercier, Daffara) – foyer door,3rd grade (Deering, Lee, Potter, Orme) – Commons door, 2nd grade (Bass, Hamby, McQ, Thibo) – Commons door
- Field from south to north – 4th grade (Peacock, Kelley, Spreen, Gibson, Fitch) – foyer door and South stairs, 5th grade (PHill, Fitz, McAbee, JHill, Toney) – Commons door, Commons stairs
- 1st and 3rd enter first, 2nd and 4th enter next, 5th grade is last into the school
Travel through the school during the school day:
- Walk on the right side of the hall, socially distanced
- Classes will travel to specialists and support services
Our classrooms are not spaces for eating or taking off masks. The District has approved our lunch plan and eating without a mask may occur only in those spaces. Students must be wearing masks in classrooms at all times, so any snack consumption must be done outdoors with all students facing the same direction and distanced 6 ft apart.
Student Safety Supplies:
Students will need to have at least 2 masks with them at school every day. They may bring hand sanitizer for their desks and can use the storage cubbies in the classrooms for their coats and bags.
Lunch and Recess Procedures:
- We have 3 lunches of no more than 200 students per lunch, and only 2 classes will eat in the cafeteria (it has a COVID capacity of 108 students) and all other students will eat outside. We will be getting tents.
- Students can use hand sanitizer when leaving and entering classrooms and lunchroom
- Lunchroom faucets will be assigned to classes for students who want to wash hands instead of using sanitizer
- Lunch recess is 20 minutes; the lunch period is 25 minutes, which includes 15 minutes of eating and 5 minutes on either end of transition
- Teachers create seating assignments and kids sit in the same spot every day; use laundry baskets for home lunch transport
End of Day Procedures:
All classroom teachers need to survey families about how their student gets home each day in order to create a plan for each student’s departure.
- Bus students exit building through 3rd grade courtyard gate or 4th/5th grade exit door and upstairs doors to Wallingford bus lines when their bus arrives. Please be sure your student knows their bus number; yellow card requests must be made to the Main Office by 9am.
- Students being picked up by car will walk from class to the following locations:
- First grade – exit school at 2:25 through pod door and walk to the left to wait on the sidewalk on the southeast side of the parking lot
- Second and Third grade – exit school at 2:25 through Main Office door and wait along the sidewalk in front of the school
- Fourth and Fifth grade – exit school through the Commons and/or Foyer door to the playground and through the Preschool gate to the garden area and southwest side of the parking lot for pickup
- Walkers and bikers leave through Main Office door